Anna is a trained Suzuki Teacher in ECC and Books 1-4. Her teaching method is a mix of traditional classical training with aspects of the Suzuki method. Each student is different and learns in different ways. Anna's approach to teaching is finding how each student learns best and adapting to their needs.
In a very general analysis of how she teaches violin lessons you should expect to work on a new scale and etude (exercise) every 1-2 weeks while also preparing a solo over a longer amount of time. There are also other aspects such as music theory and ear training that are also scattered throughout. When teaching fiddling improvisation is also touched upon.
Anna understands that not everyone wants to become a professional musician. She wants to make sure that she pushes students to reach their goals and is happy to help them figure out what those goals may be.
Lessons are offered in New Albany, IN.
Students are highly encouraged to bring a recording device to record lessons. This could even be a cell phone. A lesson journal can also be useful.
Students are offered recital opportunities.
$25/ half hour, $40/ 45 min, $50/ hour
Lessons are paid monthly.
Cash, Checks, or CC
• Floyd County Youth Symphony Members
• Louisville Youth Orchestra Members
• Gold ratings at ISSMA Solo & Ensemble Contest
• Lanesville Heritage Fiddle Contest Winners
• John Hartford Memorial Festival Fiddle Contest Winners
• IUS Summer String Clinic Participants
• Acceptance into Sewanee Summer Music Festival